In a recently undertaken survey of 100 businesses that have been offered for sale by business owners 2 years prior to our survey, of those businesses participating in the survey that were sold, we have found that the average time it took to sell the business was 8.6 months. The advertised price range of the businesses that sold was between 45K and 790K.The data collected has reviled that 47% of the businesses were sold within 6 months, another 35% between 6 months and 1 year and 18% of the businesses took over 1 year to secure the sale.
The following are points that you should pay attention to in order to reduce the time it takes to sell your business.
- Make sure that your business is priced right and not overpriced
- Present your business to buyers transparently
- Have all paperwork and financial records ready for inspection
- Address all issues and uncertainty prior to putting or your business on the market
- Be co-operative and make it easy for buyers to inspect your business
A good business agency or a broker can make the business selling process not only shorter but also help you achieve a sale result that you will be happy with.